If you know anyone that may be interested in us, joining a fun non-profit, or just helping people out in general, please send them a link to this page, tag them in FB, etc. We’re looking to grow our group and meet new awesome people. Hit up email@example.com with any questions.
ASAP (Albany Society for the Advancement of Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization) is currently wrapping up our 10th year of existence, and what a ride it’s been so far. In the past 10 years our members have grown older, more handsome, more classy, and of course more awesome. Many of us have married, had kids, become business owners, moved away for career opportunities, but most of all, we’ve had great times hosting events to raise money for local charities while keeping it fun and awesome.
Moving into decade #2, we would like to see our membership grow to keep our events and mindset fresh and on point. We’re looking for new recruits to join us who want to do the following:
– Relax and Encourage your fellow Man (our Motto)
– Host events to benefit local charities
– Attend a monthly meeting to discuss events while enjoying a few drinks
– Be awesome, look awesome, and spread awesomeness through-out the Capital Region
What are some of the advantages to being an ASAP Member? Glad you asked:
– #1 is of course feeling great about helping others in the area that need a hand
– Networking. We have members in all types of career fields, sports, clubs, etc. who probably know someone that can help you with that thing that you need help with.
– College Student? Having a non-profit group on your resume always looks good.
– We like to raise money and party, while keeping it fun. Some of our past events include:
– The Annual Santa Speedo Sprint (this Saturday on Lark St.)
– The Annual Fall Ball
– The Annual Festival of Meats & Bacon
– The Annual Spring Fling
– Lark St. Mardi Gras Pub Crawl (Hosted by Magic Hat with our help)
– Fort Orange Olympics
– Awesomely Adult Prom
That’s a short explanation about who we are and what we do. We encourage you and some of your Buds to stop by one of our monthly meetings to find out more, see if you would like to join our group, and have a few beers. Meetings are currently held the 1st Thursday of the month at 7:30/8pm’ish at the location below. If you haven any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you there!
Elks Lodge (downstairs in the Jolly Cork Lounge behind Junior’s Bar)
25 South Allen Street, Albany, NY 12208
Some links to find out more about us: